- Join, Give
- Write Us
Founded in 1947, The Shaker Historical Society is a non-profit, educational organization committed to preserving our history, educating students of all ages, and interpreting our collections for the benefit of residents and visitors alike.
What we do for Shaker Heights:
- Preserve and exhibit collections of artifacts, documents and photographs
- Educate students about early life in historic Shaker Heights
- Celebrate our history and architecture through community events and programs
- Collaborate with the City of Shaker Heights and other local groups to preserve and protect Shaker Heights’ historic buildings and scenic landscapes
The Shaker Historical Society is located at 16740 South Park Boulevard in Shaker Heights, Ohio. Here, we display artifacts, documents and photographs from our collections; provide information on Shaker Heights’ history and current events, and host educational programs. We also operate a small gift shop offering our publications, Shaker gifts, and local wares.
Please stop by and visit soon!
President, Board of Trustees
Save the Date!
- March 11, 2014Caring for Your Collections Workshop I
- March 16, 2014Challenges and Opportunities with Cleveland Rail
- March 23, 2014Lori Kella Artist Talk
- March 25, 2014Caring for Your Collections Workshop II
Tagsactivities Add new tag art artifacts artist Blog calendar centennial cleveland Collections collections Current Exhibit donation education Education event events Events exhibit Exhibits exhibits food history History intern internship Library and Archives Lissauer Art Gallery membership museum News Past Exhibits Permanent Exhibits programs shaker shaker heights shakers terminal tower textiles tour Tour van sweringen Virtual Tour wool