Shaker Historical Society
Founded by the Shaker Historical Society in 2011 under the direction of Ann Cicarella, Bike Shaker is a guided bike tour program. Since its inception, Bike Shaker has been involved in advocacy with the City of Shaker Heights to encourage the painting of sharrows (shared lane markings) and the erection of signs to remind drivers that cyclists have the right to a full lane. Bike Shaker was also involved in a crowdfunded campaign to erect bicycle racks around the city and has developed a public forum on Facebook to discuss all things bicycle. For several years, the Shaker Historical Society was the only nonprofit organization in Cleveland to ride in VeloSano beside the Cleveland Clinic. Stop by the museum during the Bike Shaker summer program to rent a bicycle and take a historic bike tour!
What you need to know:
- Reservations are required and are made via EventBrite.
- All riders should wear a helmet and a waiver must be signed to join the tour.
- All ages are welcome.
- Rain or shine event. Unless it is especially bad weather, the ride will proceed. Please make sure you give a good contact number so that organizers may contact you if we delay by 30 min or cancel due to weather.
- If we do cancel due to severe weather, we will offer a refund.
- Road safety is important to us and you so the tour guide will not speak until everyone has reached their destination.
- We offer eight blue Bike Shaker bikes to rent. Rental includes a helmet and bottle of water. Bike rental and tour is $20.
- For those who join us with their own bicycle, the fee is $15.
- For those who are supporting members of the Shaker Historical Society, the price is reduced even further by $5.
- All tours meet at the Shaker Historical Museum at 16740 South Park Blvd, Shaker Heights.
- FREE Parking is available behind the museum or on the opposite side of the street facing Lee Road.
Keep an eye on this page for information about Bike Shaker 2020!