Shaker Historical Society
Founded by the Shaker Historical Society in 2011 under the direction of Ann Cicarella, Bike Shaker was and continues to be a guided bike tour program. Since then, Bike Shaker has been involved in advocacy with the City of Shaker Heights to encourage the painting of sharrows and the erection of signs to remind drivers that cyclists have the right to a full lane. Bike Shaker also was involved in a crowdfunded campaign to erect bicycle racks around the City. It also has developed to become a public forum on facebook to discuss all things bicycle. For several years it was the ONLY nonprofit organization in Cleveland to ride in VeloSano beside the Cleveland Clinic itself. Its home is at the Shaker Historical Society and from our museum we rent bicycles and organize historic bike tours.
The 2018 season
Our popular historic bike tours are back! Thanks to board member Greydon Petznick who is the architect who guides the tours, and former board member Rick Smith who is an active cyclist, the Shaker Historical Society is able to offer these fun, family-friendly bike tours of Shaker Heights.
Shaker Goes Modern Aug 19, 1pm
Famous Residents Sept 9, 1pm
Open House Tour with The LeSueur Team Sept 23, 1pm
Georgian Shaker Oct 7, 1pm
What you need to know!
- Reservations are required and are made via EventBrite.
- We offer eight blue Bike Shaker bikes to rent. Rental includes a helmet and bottle of water. Bike rental and tour is $20.
- For those who join us with their own bicycle, the fee is $15.
- For those who are supporting members of the Shaker Historical Society, the price is reduced even further by $5.
- All tours meet at the Shaker Historical Museum at 16740 South Park Blvd, Shaker Heights.
- FREE Parking is available behind the museum or on the opposite side of the street facing Lee Road.
- All riders should wear a helmet and a waiver must be signed to join the tour.
- All ages are welcome.
- Rain or shine event. Unless it is especially bad weather, the ride will proceed. Please make sure you give a good contact number so that organizers may contact you if we delay by 30 min or cancel due to weather.
- If we do cancel due to severe weather, we will offer a refund.
- Road safety is important to us and you so the tour guide will not speak until everyone has reached their destination.